We left Brenham and headed down to the Clear Lake Area. After finding a hotel (**wink** at Laura), our gang all headed down to the Kemah Boardwalk. Kemah is a small town by Clear Lake that has built this old fashioned boardwalk on the port. There are carnival type rides, restaurants and gift shops. We enjoyed a delicious meal at Landry's and watched the boats come and go. Laura and I talked the kids out of riding the rides in exchange for dipping dots and swimming at the hotel. (I know we had already had ice cream that day, but we were on vacation, you know!)
The next day we made our way to the Space Center Houston. My kids were not really looking forward to the Space Center until we walked in. There was so many activities for the kids, they did not know where to start. I think we tried everything and they enjoyed the ropes course and trapeze the best. Jacob and Riley had a blast and did not want to leave. (Our kids had on matching shirts that read, "I get cranky without my Blue Bell." Many people at the Space center commented on the shirts.)
We then headed for Lake Jackson and the family reunion. What a fun weekend.
Thanks Laura for the pictures!
2 comments:
Love your pictures. Looks like you had a blast! Can't wait for the boys to come try out the "fortress"! LOL
Hey there, I am sorry I forgot to call you on your birthday, Hope you had a good one!!!! looks like yall had a good trip, see you soon.
Post a Comment