Monday, May 4, 2009

The Kettner Garden Part 1

I guess my "no till" farmer found a use for his old plows. We finally decided on an area for a garden and got the ground plowed yesterday. This "small" garden seems to be getting bigger and I am not sure I can handle a project quite this big. It is not as if I know what I am doing in the first place. You would think I could ask my resident farmer, but he is not any help in this department. He only knows how to farm thousands of acres... this small scale stuff leaves him puzzled. We decided to go ahead and put the sweet corn in the garden and not under the pivot this year. I hope to report later about the plethora of vegetables we have, but it might be a patch of weeds. I hope something comes up!









After plowing the garden, we checked the corn on the nearby farms to see if it was coming up. All looked good... we should start planting cotton this week.



No comments: