On December 26th, we left for Mason to celebrate with Kelly's family.
I got to catch up with my friend, Jenna, who lives in Eden now and Kristi, who is in Killeen. I miss you girls! Kristi was smart enough to get a few pictures. (I hope the link works this time!)
Kelly and I loaded up the family and took a mini vacation to Austin and San Antonio while we were in Mason. We showed the boys the state capital and saw Aunt Dot.
We also made it to Sea World for the day. I think the boys are getting into the big rides more than the shows these days.
I did lose Kelly, Jacob and Riley at the end of the day and had no life on my cell phone. That made things a little interesting, but we eventually found each other. It reminded me of life before cell phones. How did we ever survive without them?
Jacob and Riley with Mr and Mrs Claus on vacation.
We got to meet Matt and Diana's new little girl, Sophia. What a cutie! (Why did I forget to get my camera out? Maybe I was busy making sure my 3 monkeys behaved.)
Kelly and I headed back to Mason to unload the monkeys and repack for a fun filled trip to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl. No need to remind anyone how that turned out. (Yes, it was embarrassing!) We had a great time with friends Alice and Jim Bob and Katherine and Chris. Chris made the day a little more exciting when he was admitted into the hospital for tonsillitis but he is doing fine now. We really enjoyed our time off from being mom and dad. Thanks to Mimi and Pawpaw for watching the boys.
The end of our trip held one more surprise. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment